Tri-Now KIDS! is a youth recreational triathlon group for ages 7-14. Tri-Now KIDS! was developed to provide quality and safe training for kids in the sport of triathlon with the emphasis on fun! Young athletes will learn the fundamentals of training for triathlon by focusing on skill development, efficient movement, sportsmanship, goal setting, healthy lifestyle habits and individual success all with the support and camaraderie of a team!
Tri-Now KIDS! offers 6-8 week training sessions throughout the spring and summer and all workouts are held at the Baylor Tom Landry Health and Wellness Center
2017 Training Sessions:
Spring Session: March 7th – April 29th goal race: Baylor Sunny Kids Tri
Summer Session I – May 23rd to July 9th goal race: Mansfield Kids Tri
- Weekly group practices led by USA Triathlon Certified Youth and Junior Coach.
- Tuesdays 5:00PM & Thursdays 5:00PM Location: Baylor Tom Landry Center
- Written training plan
- Discounts to Tri-Now KIDS! Tri Camp and Tri-Now kid races
- Tri-Now KIDS! Shirt and Tri-Now swim cap
- Pre-race reminders and tips for parents and young triathletes!
- Race day support & coaching
- Discounts from area retail stores
- And most of all…Fun!
Session Cost: $95 Sibling $70REGISTER HERE for SUMMER I
Head Coach: Frank Cortese CoachFrank@Tri-Now.com
Registration questions? Contact Debra Cortese:Debra@Tri-Now.com
ATHLETE REQUIRMENTS: Open to kids age 7 to 14 as of December 31, 2017. Previous triathlon experience is not necessary, but children should be able to swim 25 yards, ride a bike comfortably without training wheels, and be able to run/walk a half mile. Tri-Now KIDS! members must be USA Triathlon Youth Members.